As extracted from Jane's Fighting Ships © for 1919|
Chart - Hong Kong (China Station)
HONG KONG. Repairing yard. No slips.
- Admiralty No. 1, 555 x 95 x 39 feet (Dreadnought.)
- New dock: Quarry Bay, (Butterfield & Swire) 750 x 88 X 34½ feet (Dreadnought.)
- At Kau-Lung (see map): No. 1, 700 x 86 x 30 feet (Dreadnought).
- Hope Dock, 432½ x 84 x 24 feet.
- Cosmopolitan, 466 x 85½ x 20 feet.
Also three smaller, able to take torpedo craft, etc.
N.B.-All the foregoing, except the two first, are the property of the Hong Kong & Whampoa Dock Co., Ltd.
Area of basin (tidal), 94 acres. Average depth of harbour, 40 feet.
Admiralty Charts No. 1180-1459.
Rise of Spring Tide, 8 feet.
WEI-HAI-WEI (CHINA,). Anchorage. Unfortified base. Coaling station.
© Jane's Information Group
^ back to top ^